Plateau Attacks: “Unknown Gunmen” no longer acceptable – Gov. Lalong

1 min read
Gov. Simon Lalong

Nigeria’s Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong, Tuesday said he will no longer accept excuses over violent attacks in the State.

The “dark days of pain, tears and sorrow will never be allowed to return to Plateau State again,” the Governor said at a stakeholders peace and security community dialogue in Jos.

According to him, the recent attacks in Mangu and Bokkos Local Governments which claimed “over 30 precious lives of innocent citizens with many injured and properties destroyed,” deliberately aimed to test government’s resolve to restore peace to the State.

“That is why I told the security agencies that the killers must be fished out at all costs because Government will no longer take excuses of “unknown gunmen” who kill and maim at will,” he said.

Lalong announced his intentions to start community policing under the state’s local security outfit, Operation Rainbow.

He said, “You will recall that the Inspector General of Police last month met with Governors of the North Central States in Lafia – Nasarawa State, for a Security Summit where we adopted Community Policing as a better tool to dealing with the security situation in our geo-political zone.

“Happily, we already have structures on ground which are in tandem with the Community Policing model such as the Operation Rainbow, Early warning System, Vigilante Volunteers and Community based Intelligence Volunteers.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *