Officials regret Plateau Social Media Award outcomes5 min read
Organizers of the Plateau Social Media Awards say the ‘anomalies’ witnessed during the maiden event held last week will be corrected in the future.
“There were shortcomings,” says Mr. Dung John, the PSMA Public Relations/Marketing Officer.
In a press statement on Thursday, Mr. John appealed to citizens to bear with the outcomes of the event.
“We are encouraged and determined to correct all the anomalies in future editions of the event,” he said.
The event which dished out scholarships, cash and “livelihood opportunities” to less-privileged individuals hopes to be annual, said the Official.
The Statement reads in full:
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
About the #PSMA2019:
1.The Plateau Social Media Awards hopes to become a yearly event. The intention of the award series will be to recognize and encourage Plateau citizens to continually promote and create exceptional contents daily to solve critical life problems; thereby giving many people a reason to smile whenever they visit various social media platforms.
Our Success Story:
2.The Plateau State Media awards is one of such platforms creating positive change in our society. The Plateau State Social Media Awards is geared towards promoting “social media for social good”.
3. This the PSMA team did by scouting out for the less privileged in the society. Three persons were gifted with cash donations, scholarships and livelihood opportunities. The team finds this feat a God given opportunity to change the lives of people around it.. It is to say the least, very heartwarming. We’re gingered to do more in the future editions, God willing.
Our Challenges and Appeal:
4.The PSMA2019 team wishes to appeal to all Plateau citizens to bear with us on some of the outcomes of the event which overall, was tagged very successful. Needless to say, there were shortcomings.
We welcome the constructive criticisms that trailed the event. We are encouraged and determined to correct all the anomalies in future editions of the event.
This shows clearly that, the event had massive followership across all social media platforms.
To say the least, it was marked a successful event after all said and done by many who would testify to the outcomes except for a few misunderstandings which has and will hopefully and dutifully be corrected in future editions.
We have noted some of these concerns and something will be done about it in the future.
For those who thought that certain persons were supposed to be nominated, voted for and win certain awards in particular categories of Awards, it was not our calling. The platform was open for all to participate actively without interference from nominations to online voting.
However, we would implore such persons to continue using the “social media for social good”; next year will be here before you know it.
5. We want to express our profound gratitude to God Almighty who made this event possible. Without which it wouldn’t have been possible.
We want to express our sincere and profound gratitude to certain individuals who played key roles in the success of the event;
1. Special thanks to His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Plateau State, Rt. Hon. Simon Lalong for supporting this initiative and sending a worthwhile representative for the awards.
2. We also wish to express similar gratitude to His Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Plateau State, Prof. Sonny Gwanle Tyoden for honouring our Pre- Award Lecture series. We’re very humbled by your physical participation sir.
3.Profound gratitude also goes to Dr. Nentawe Yilwatda Goshwe, Resident Electoral Commissioner, Benue State for his untiring support to the success of both the Pre- Award lecture series and the main event. We’re grateful too that you gifted prices to deserving secondary and tertiary institutions in the state. God bless you sir.
4. We also appreciate the contributions and physical presence of Hon. Yusuf Gagdi. We appreciate too the show of love, emotions and concern for the less privileged by awarding such persons with scholarships and livelihoods. May the Lord reward you accordingly.
5.Expressed thanks to Hon. Dachung Musa Bagos for supporting the initiative and contributing to the success of this epoch making event. We wish to Congratulate you specially for clinching the Highest Honoured Award as the “Social Media Political Influencer of the Year Award.” It is well deserved.
6. Special thanks goes to the Patron of this award series, Col. Samuel Gulong Fwanje. We appreciate you for opening your doors to us always and standing by us from the beginning to the end of the program. God bless you immensely sir.
7.Special appreciation goes to the leadership and executive members of the Plateau State Youth Council. We appreciate you for partnering with us by donating the use of your hall (free of charge). We will definitely look forward to partnering with you in the future editions. We are hopeful that anytime we come for such partnerships, you’d always be available to us.
8. Our gratitude also goes to Rex Productions for sponsoring our backdrop banners. It was a beautiful piece you put up for us. Many thanks always.
9. For the many special dignitaries that graced the occasion, we thank you very much for your presence.
10. We also want to extend our gratitude to the former commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Hon. Dayabbu Garga for finding it expedient to support and grace the occasion. Coming from a journey straight to the venue shows his commitment to stand by youth oriented programs on the Plateau. We are humbled by your presence sir.
11. Special thanks and a huge congratulations to all those who were nominated, voted for and won the awards in various categories.
Your presence changed the face of the event for the better. Please, keep a date with us next year. We appeal that you continue to use the social media for societal good.
6. Finally, we appreciate all individuals and corporate groups, civil society organizations and indeed, the good people of Plateau State for helping us achieve this feat. We’re truly very grateful.
Please, let’s do it again next year. Thank you and God bless.
Comrade Hwyere, Dung John
Public Relations/Marketing Officer.