A former Commissioner of Works, Mr. Chris Hassan has been elected Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Plateau State.
At the polls during the Party’s Congress in Jos on Saturday and Sunday, Hassan polled 1,649 votes to beat Ex House of Reps member, Butrus Kaze who reportedly boycotted the process, scoring 22 votes.
Other candidates who contested but lost to Hassan – Monica Gwom scored 13 votes and Hon. Aminu Zang with no vote.
Hassan will be Deputised by Captain Bitrus Golen who beat Amos Gombi by 1,585 to 23 votes.
Mr. Emmanuel Tuang will officiate as State Secretary having polled 1592 votes against Mr. Iliya Zakari who scored 10 votes.
Immediate past Acting Chairman of the Party, Mr. Gwott Yakubu Chocho scored 1495 votes, beating Mr. Bisidi Elisha who polled 8 votes, to return to his former position as State Organizing Secretary.
The elections presided over by a national Party Official, Maj. Gen. Amnon Kalayi Kwaskebe also saw the Party’s incumbent Publicity Secretary, Mr. John Akans returning for another term with 1520 votes, beating his only opponent, Mr. Emmanuel Macham who scored 22 votes.
On the post of State Treasurer, Mr. Ismaila Jibrin Abubakar scored 1385 votes to beat Mr. Adamu Abubakar who scored 16 votes.
Mr. James Pam Steven and James Agok Garba slugged it out with but scored 15 and 31 votes respectively, losing the bid to Mrs. Mary Adar Gar who scored 1374 votes.
Elected State Auditor was Angela Shinkur with 1470 votes against Basil Piakpum with 54 votes; State Youth Leader is Nantip Laktam Pandur with 1,472 votes against Norbert Lankwap with 7 votes; State Ass. Auditor, Maton Mahli Adams with 1459 against Gunat Mangut Mapis with 20 votes; State Asst PRO – Mr. Garba Yaro Mairake with 1,076 votes against Umar Tijjani, with 138 votes; Legal Adviser Legal Adviser – Barr Binchen Jantur and Asst legal Adviser – Barr. Panshak Dakyen 1475.
Other positions contested include;
Vice Chairman Central Zone
- Benedict Shignukul 404.
Jerry Satmak 1239.
- Vice Chairman Northern Zone
- Arch Dachollom Dahoro 290.
Hon Davou Mang 1397.
- Vice Chairman Southern Zone
- Simon Domle 1522.
- Hon Nanman Darko 11.
- Asst Organizing Secretary Central Zone
- Justina John 1,033.
Emmanuel Yilluk 13.
- Ex-officio Southern Zone
- Tongfed Kansop 552.
Yahaya Bala 491.
Sarah Matthew 395.
Alhassan Arewa 13.
Tongfed Kansop and Yahaya Bala, returned as Ex-officio 1 & 2.
- Asst Youth leader Central
- Madaki Lilian 12.
Istifanus Ayuba 0.
Micheal Abi Angwai 1,047.
- State Ex-officio North
- Nanbut Liman 0
Sule Musa Haruna 711.
Lojo Kangyang 32.
Badung Musa Audu 865.Badung Musa Audu & Sule Musa Haruna returned as Ex-officio1 & 2.
- Ex-officio Central Zone
- Esther Paul Gindiri 1,209.
Ambiye Bulus Tsoho 898.
Both of them returned elected as Ex-officio 1 & 2 respectively.
- Also elected are;
- Abdullahi Husieni – Asst. Sec – Central Zone.
- Hon Felix Peinswang – Asst Sec – Southern Zone.
- Jonathan Pwajok – Asst Org. Sec. Northern Zone
- Rindap Nansop – Asst. Org. Sec- Southern Zone.
- Tapwa Goma Kubut- Asst Treasurer Central Zone.
- Bolchit Amos – Asst Treasurer Southern Zone.
- Victoria Dingse Markus – Asst Women leader Central Zone.
- Christy Nyam – Asst Women leader Northern Zone.
- Pam John Mark – Asst Youth leader Northern Zone.
- Emmanuel John Tama – Asst Youth leader Southern Zone.